Unknown deity

B. K. Rana bk_rana at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 21 17:17:16 UTC 2005

Every hindu good or goddess  wears 'sari' kind of thing with a little variety. But yes, she seems to be a female deity. Her the part tells that.

And, I don't see any mouse either. That is serpent  king Kaliya.  Myth tells Krishana had once suppressed 'Kaliya' . But the deity is not any of Krishana too. Krishana  does not have four hands.

Rana

Allen W Thrasher <athr at LOC.GOV> wrote:
Editors: Tej K. Bhatia, Syracuse University, New York
Details: Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say: INFO VYAKARAN

But the devotees seem to think the figure is female, since they have put around it what looks more like a sari than any male garment.

Allen Thrasher

>>> D.G.Damle at OPEN.AC.UK 07/21/05 11:12 AM >>>
That is Ganesha - the Elephant headed god! The picture isn't terribly clear, but I seems to see the trunk. If you have other photos, look for his vehicle, a mouse!

Dileep Damle

http://mail.yahoo.com