New Book on Corpus Linguistics and Language Technology

Niladri Dash ns_dash at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 10 06:44:06 UTC 2005

Respected Teachers, Colleagues, and Friends,

Hope you are hale and hearty. Kindly allow me to inform you that the book on Corpus Linguistics and Language Technology with reference to Indian Languages is just published from the Mittal Publications, New Delhi – one of the best publishing houses of India with an International Standard.
 SUMMARY OF THE BOOK

Title         : Corpus Linguistics and Language Technology

Author       : Niladri Sekhar Dash

Area         : Corpus, Linguistics and Language Technology

Language       : English.

Pages        : 465+ (Hard Bound)

Price         : Rs. 895/- only.

ISBN No       : 81-8324-033-X

TARGET AREAS: Natural Language Processing, Morphological Processing, Computational Linguistics, Language Technology, Machine Translation, Lexicography, Language Teaching, Lexical Semantics, Dialectology, etc. The book is useful for undergraduate and postgraduate students and research scholars dealing with corpus linguistics and language technology in Indian languages.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Acknowledgements

List of abbreviations

Code chart for characters

Preface

Chapter 1: Language Corpus: A New Pasture

Chapter 2: Generation of A Written Corpus

Chapter 3: Processing A Written Corpus

Chapter 4: Analysis of Characters

Chapter 5: Analysis of Spelling Variation

Chapter 6: Statistical Analysis of Corpus

Chapter 7: Structure Analysis of Words

Chapter 8: Morphological Processing of Words

Chapter 9: Corpus in Linguistics Studies

Chapter 10: Corpus in Machine Translation

Appendix I

Appendix II

Appendix III

Bibliography

General Index

The book is now available in all big cities and towns in India and abroad. To get your copy, please send your purchase order in print to the following address. The book will be delivered at your doorstep within shortest possible time.

MR. SOURABH MITTAL

MITTAL PUBLICATIONS

4594/9 DARYAGANJ

NEW DELHI – 110002, INDIA

PH: (011) 23250398, (011) 25351493, (011) 25351521

FAX - 25251521

E-MAIL: mittalp at ndf.vsnl.net.in

E-MAIL: mittalp at del6.vsnl.net.in

OR/AND

MR. R.K. KHAN

BRANCH MANAGER

MITTAL PUBLICATIONS

B-12/7 PAYMANTY, ECTP-I

KOLKATA 700107
WEST BENGAL, INDIA
PH: (033) 24426466

FAX: (033) 28400525

EMAIL: mittalpcal at hotmail.com

I am committed for the growth and promotion of this new approach of linguistics study, research and application. I am ready to share my expertise for the benefit of Indian languages, people and society. I am available for providing necessary knowledgebase, information, and guidelines to the Indian Universities and Research Institutes, which have already initiated or intend to initiate corpus-based language research and application for Language Technology, Natural Language Processing, and mainstream Linguistics. Kindly help me to serve you with the best of my abilities. Thank you.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Sincerely,

Niladri Sekhar Dash

Dr Niladri Sekhar Dash
MA(CU), NLP(IIITK), PhD(CU), CCP(RCC)
Expert (Corpus Linguistics, Language Technolhy, Lexicography, & Lexical Semantics)
Consultant (TDIL: MICT, Govt. of India)
Advisor (SCiLaHLT: ASI at IT&C, European Commission)
55, Green Park
Narendrapur
Kolkata 700103, WB, India
Email: ns_dash at yahoo.com