existential constructions: CORRECTED VERSION

corinna bartoletti corinnabartoletti at YAHOO.IT
Fri May 6 14:34:02 UTC 2005

Hallo,
I am looking for the correlation ( if any) between
these facts:

1) the possibility of forming subject relative clauses
 without an overt relativiser:

 *The man came here yesterday told me.."

2)the possibility of forming object relative clauses
without an overt relativiser:

The man I saw yesterday

3) The possibility of having an
existential/presentative construction of this
analogous type:

There was a farmer had a dog

Can anyone provide me with examples of languages that
have one, two or all these three possibilities?

Thank you very much,
Corinna Bartoletti
Phd Università di Perugia (Italy)

--- Prashant Pardeshi <prashantpardeshi at YAHOO.COM> ha

url:http://www.uni-hamburg.de/Wiss/FB/10/IndienS/index.html