question about Proto/Para-Munda affix -usha

Mon Feb 22 14:39:15 UTC 2010

Well, Kuiper (sic) has again listed a number of this and related
suffixes in his 1991 book:

Aryans in the Rigveda, Amsterdam: Rodopi 1991

See pages 45-47:  -ASa, -ISa, -USa (UNICODE: -āṣa, īṣa-,
ūṣa-) ;
also: āla, aṣa, ṭa, nas, ya, ra, śa, ha.

Emuṣa is a bit more complex, also in view of Kupier's (partial)
retraction 1991: 18; 2.

Cheers, M. WItzel

Michael Witzel
witzel at fas.harvard.edu
<www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm>

Dept. of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
1 Bow Street,
Cambridge MA 02138, USA

phone: 1- 617 - 495 3295, 496 8570, fax 617 - 496 8571;
my direct line:  617- 496 2990