Savarkar, Hindutva (closure), Kak's objection.

Anish Koshy elanish at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 13 03:33:31 UTC 2010

Dear moderators,

A lot of fringe factors may be part of linguistic research, but the
points raised by Mr Gogate  or comments as he called them have no
relevance for linguists. Hence, as Dr Adil suggested, please have a
stricter monitoring policy in place. One does not expect a mail from
VYAKARAN to be filled with people's fascist ideas about religious
conversions, religious fundamentalism and terrorism being
fantastically related to one religious group or the other - all in the
pretext and misguided notion that language research also encompasses
relation of 'popular' understanding or 'public assumption' of
relations between religions and languages. It is not that we do not
have our own opinions about the issues raised by Mr G, but we choose
not to respond to them in a forum meant, as the email address
suggests, for "SOUTH ASIAN LINGUISTS".

regards
Anish Koshy

--