Question about city names that are being renamed

Mahajan, Gyanam mahajan at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Wed May 18 22:18:45 UTC 2011

Greetings from UCLA. There is a UC Berkeley paper that might be of interest and it also provides several references http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~easwaran/papers/india.html.
I remember another article which pointed out that the Bombay Stock Exchange or Bombay High Court or Madras University etc. have retained their name. I will try and find the link to that article and pass it on.
Best,
Gyanam

Gyanam Mahajan, Ph.D.
Language Program Coordinator, SSEALC