Fwd: PhD Position Indology Uppsala

John Peterson peterson at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Tue Jan 31 20:25:07 UTC 2012

I'm forwarding this mail to the list from Heinz Werner Wessler, who's
having problems sending mails to the list at the moment. Please send
all correspondence directly to him.

Best,
John

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von hwessler at uni-bonn.de -----
      Datum: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:57:52 +0100
        Von: Heinz Werner Wessler <hwessler at uni-bonn.de>
    Betreff: PhD Position Indology Uppsala
         An: peterson at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE

Uppsala University hereby declares the following positions to be open
for application:

PhD position in Indology

at the Department of Linguistics and Philology from May 1, 2012

http://www2.personalavd.uu.se/ledigaplatser/181phd.html

The Department encourages especially applicants with project
descriptions relating to modern South Asia.

The following application form is to be used for the PhD study
programme 2012 in the department:
http://uadm.uu.se/digitalAssets/30/30349_ansokan_forskarniva_eng.pdf
Please attach to the application a CV and any documentation of
academic exams together with a brief description of the planned
research project.

More information on the departmental PhD programme can be found on its
English website http://www.lingfil.uu.se/utb/fu. An MA in Indology or
a related subject is normally prerequisite for an application. The
detailed study plan is in Swedish, but knowledge of Swedish is not
required for the position.

Rules and regulations for the PhD study programme is found in the Act
of Higher Education Högskoleförordningen 5 kap §§1-7 and in the
university rules and regulations http://regler.uu.se .

Please contact Mats Eskhult mats.eskhult at lingfil.uu.se , tel
   018-471 7379      , or Lars Hagborg lars.hagborg at uadm.uu.se, tel
          018-471 1907      for further information. The union
representatives in charge are Anders Grundström, Saco-rådet (tel
      018-471 5380      ), Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST (tel 018-471 1996)
and Stefan Djurström, Seko (tel            018-471 3315      ).

You are welcome to submit your application no later than March 1,
2012, UFV-PA 2012/181. Use the link below to access the application
form.

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:51:22 +0100
  John Peterson <peterson at RZ.UNI-LEIPZIG.DE> wrote:
> VYAKARAN: South Asian Languages and Linguistics Net
> Editors:  Tej K. Bhatia, Syracuse University, New York
>         John Peterson, University of Osnabrueck, Germany
> Details:  Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say: INFO VYAKARAN
> Subscribe:Send email to listserv at listserv.syr.edu and say:
>         SUBSCRIBE VYAKARAN FIRST_NAME LAST_NAME
>         (Substitute your real name for first_name last_name)
> Archives: http://listserv.syr.edu
>
> Sorry for cross-postings!
> John
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: Call for Proposals: Fellowships for Eastern Himalayan Research
> Datum: Sonntag, 29. Januar 2012 08:57 CET
> Von: Doug Cooper <doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com>
> Antwort an: doug.cooper.thailand at gmail.com
> An: SEALANG-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
>

> [On behalf of Gwen Hyslop <gwendolyn.hyslop at gmail.com> ]
>
> The Committee for Eastern Himalayan Ethnographic and Anthropological
> Linguistic Research is pleased to announce the availability of funds to
> support ethnographic or anthropological linguistic research in the eastern
> Himalaya, beginning in 2012. Three fellowships, of up to US $10,000 each, are
> being made available by the Firebird Foundation in order to further research
> on unknown or relatively undescribed languages and cultures in the eastern
> Himalaya.
>
> To apply, send a proposal and budget (of up to five pages) to
> gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au. Two letters of recommendation, which are
> optional, should be sent separately. At present there is no deadline;
> applications will be reviewed as they are received. However, if we receive a
> large number of applications, we may opt to review proposals quarterly. The
> three fellowships are intended to be used in 2012 and/or 2013.
>
> For further questions, contact Gwendolyn Hyslop at
> gwendolyn.hyslop at anu.edu.au

> Subscribe: send the message "subscribe sealang-l Your Name" to
> listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org

PhD position Indology in Uppsala:
http://www2.personalavd.uu.se/ledigaplatser/181phd.html

Maren Bellwinkel-Schempp, "Neuer Buddhismus  als gesellschaftlicher Entwurf":
http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?searchId=1&pid=diva2:472905
PD Dr. Heinz Werner Wessler
Universitet Uppsala
Institutionen för lingvistik och filologi
Tel.:0046-18-4717015

Universität Bonn
Abt. für Indologie
Institut für Orient- und Asienwissenschaften
Tel.: 0228-737721

http://www.ioa.uni-bonn.de
http://www.ioa.uni-bonn.de/abteilungen/indologie
http://www.lingfil.uu.se/lingfil_eng
http://www.easas.org

"Neurolinguists beware! The bilingual is not two monolinguals in one
person." François Grosjean (1989)

Homepage: http://www.SouthAsiaBibliography.de/