Canuck

wachal robert s rwachal at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Wed Aug 4 11:27:11 UTC 1999

As i pointed out in a paper I cave at DSNA and which soon may be
published, 'Canuck' is not in the least offensive, as Canadian linguists
and lay folk have told me.  Note the hockey team , the Vancouver Canucks.

When PC became a hot button issue, dictionary makers went wholesale
calling every nickname offensive apparently without checking the facts.

Bob Wachal