funny phrase

Bob Haas highbob at POP.MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Aug 4 23:02:10 UTC 1999

It was the latter, in reference to the film star and his notorious
lifestyle.  I understand that the phrase became popular following charges
of statutory rape against Flynn in the early fifties; the two counts were
subsequently dropped.  I'm fairly certain about the facts here, but not
quite sure of the date of the rape charges.

--

Bob Haas
Department of English

                     "Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!"