Gay & Queer

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Fri Aug 27 00:31:50 UTC 1999

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

> Thanks for pointing me towards Cory; maybe I dismissed him too quickly when I
> started researching QUEER vs. GAY a few years ago. All I know right now is
> that "Donald Webster Cory" is a pseudonym (for just whom I can't remember),
> and THE HOMOSEXUAL IN AMERICA, A SUBJECTIVE APPROACH, though apparently
> written c.1951, was not published until a decade later in any of the texts
> that I have seen (though I haven't seen them all). The authoritativeness of

The first edition of this book was indeed published in 1951.

Fred R. Shapiro                             Coeditor (with Jane Garry)
Associate Librarian for Public Services     TRIAL AND ERROR: AN OXFORD
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            ANTHOLOGY OF LEGAL STORIES
Yale Law School                             Oxford University Press, 1998
e-mail: fred.shapiro at yale.edu               ISBN 0-19-509547-2