[Fwd: Re: People who can recite a word's letters alphabetically]

David Bergdahl bergdahl at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Wed Dec 1 21:37:36 UTC 1999

The reader is definitely a member of the class of "idiots sauvants"--current
theory is that the brain is actively surpressing much of the data we sense and
process and that someone with a 'lowered barrier' can perform such functions
easily.  Infobeat had an article today on same.