"mark"

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Dec 7 17:05:50 UTC 1999

I'd wager that this sense of "mark" is linked to or is an extension of
"marking time," which is when a musician follows along with the music,
making note of his part, etc.  This from many summers on the boards
doing musical theater.  Any full-time musicians out there care to
comment.

--

Bob Haas
Department of English