"Same time, same station"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 9 20:33:50 UTC 1999

"Same bat time, same bat station!"
--BATMAN tv series

   I'm in the NYPL Performing Arts Library now.  Just as I was turning in the slips for the cliiping file of Gabriel Heatter, I found this book:

SAME TIME...
SAME STATION
An A-Z Guide to Radio from Jack Benny to Howard Stern
by Ron Lackman
Facts on File, 1996

     The title of the book is never explained!
     The Gabriel Heatter (1890-1972) entry on page 129 states that he achieved instant fame for broadcasting the Lindberg kidnapping case.  The only interesting thing added is this:

     His often-quoted opening line on his program was, "Ah, there's good news tonight."