Towers of Hanoi; Horseshoes and hand grenades

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Wed Dec 22 20:18:04 UTC 1999

    This didn't actually originate in Hanoi, it was created in 1883 as a
mathematical brainteaser by Edouard Lucas (published under the name M.
Claus).  I don't know how long it had existed before then, but he is the
one always given credit for it in recreational mathematics books.

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 22-Dec-99 Towers of Hanoi; Horseshoes.. by Bapopik at AOL.COM