Shakespeare in ASL

Scott or Pafra Catledge scplc at COMMUNIQUE.NET
Thu Jul 8 15:22:47 UTC 1999

In the graduate classes in Audiology at UF and the Deaf Ed classes at UNF only those students who were not already teaching students with hearing impairments requested documentation, which was quickly given.  The debates at national meetings of ASLHA and CEC that I attended were never about whether the figures were accurate but why they were so low.  The Chairman at UNF postulated that hearing impairments were a greater handicap to learning than visual ones because totally blind students graduated with higher educational achievement than those without impairments while those with profound hearing impairments were much lower.