First sell, then tell; You don't have to be Jewish

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jul 11 17:57:39 UTC 1999

     Greetings from Swaziland (a country not changing its name--not this
week).
     A stock market strategy in a South African newspaper is described as
"first sell, then tell."  I don't recall this, but maybe other people do.
     The use of Americanisms is EXTREMELY widespread here--most people don't
even realize it.  A headline in an SA newspaper was "You don't have to be
Jewish."  I recall that this was coined in the 1970s as an ad campaign for a
Jewish rye bread (Levy's?).  How did that ever get to Africa a generation
later??