Blast Fax

Gareth Branwyn garethb2 at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jun 16 21:24:45 UTC 1999

Is anyone here familiar with the term "blast faxes?" I just saw it in the
May 10th issue of Newsweek. The term refers to negative campaigning faxes
sent by one political party in an attempt to smear an opposing candidate.
Not to be confused with "battle faxes," which are vitriolic fax exchanges
between two people. On doing a Web search, I got a bunch of hits on "fax
blast," which appears to be a slang term for fax broadcasting, but
nothing on "blast fax" (though I didn't explore every link the search
scooped up).

Any clues?

Gar