"pastrami"/kielbasa

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Tue Jun 29 16:13:00 UTC 1999

    A similar cheer is currently in use at Carnegie Mellon University in
Pittsburgh.  I think it's

    Oomshashasha Oomshashasha hit 'em in the head with a big kielbasa

kielbasa pronounced pretty much according to the dictionary.

But as far as I can tell, there's nothing ethnic about it anymore...
they also yell

    We are big, they are teeny hit 'em in the head with a green zucchini

Excerpts from mail: 29-Jun-99 Re: "pastrami"/kielbasa by "Karl J.
Krahnke"@LAMAR.

>     Boomarasa, boomarasa, hit 'em in the head with a big kabasa.
>
> (That's /a/ as in "cot."  A little rhyming evidence for .....)

    Johanna Franklin