"suggested"

Dan Goodman dsgood at VISI.COM
Tue Jun 29 21:00:52 UTC 1999

I hadn't encountered this use of "suggested" before.  Is it something
already common in news media?

Dan Goodman
dsgood at visi.com
http://www.visi.com/~dsgood/index.html
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.

                         THE DAILY BRIEF
                              from
                 INTELLIGENT NETWORK CONCEPTS, INC.

                     TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 1999
NATIONAL

* Central Intelligence Agency Director George Tenet suggested
  yesterday that there was no excuse for intelligence failures
  that led to the bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade
  during NATO military operations in Yugoslavia.

* President Clinton suggested yesterday that the U.S. budget
  surplus would reach $98.8 billion in the current fiscal
  year, up from $79.3 predicted by the White House in February.
    - a surplus of $142.5 billion is predicted by the White
      House for fiscal 2000.