Vagueware

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 30 23:41:15 UTC 1999

     The big "PC EXPO" was in New York City this month.  I discussed it with
a friend.  "It's all about vagueware," he said.
     I didn't find "vagueware" on Paul McFedries' WordSpy site (which also
has the Jargon File).  I also didn't find it in a list of new computer words
that I have to submit to Wayne Glowka.
     There is a hit for June 1, 1999 on
www.thestandard.com/articles/display/0,1449,3139,00.html:  "Number one, we've
actually built community, unlike Go.com, which at this point, is vagueware."
      Vagueware--according to my colleague--is something that gets announced
at PC Expos, even if it's a L-O-N-G way off.  It's a way to impress the
market and scare off competition.