T-Room (was Professor & Madman; F-Word; Cottaging, etc.)

Jessie Emerson jessie at SIRSI.COM
Mon May 3 18:50:07 UTC 1999

I'd never heard T-Room/Tea Room before reading this message, and then almost
immediately saw it in a CNN article:
---
SYDNEY, May 3 (Reuters) - Australian church leaders and health experts plan
to open an illegal heroin injecting room in a Sydney church where "church
sanctuary" can be invoked against prosecution, a drugs campaigner said on
Monday.

The experimental centre, dubbed a "Tolerance Room" or the "T-Room," is in
defiance of Prime Minister John Howard's "zero tolerance" drug policy.

The room is designed to offer addicts a safe environment to inject heroin
using clean equipment and under medical supervision.
---
The rest of the article is here...
http://customnews.cnn.com/cnews/pna.show_story?p_art_id=3678170&p_section_na
me=World