"A hereditary" or "an hereditary"

Tue May 11 10:13:53 UTC 1999

I'm in sync with Andrea, except that for me '(h)istorical' depends not on
person addressed but on whether or not 'a' precedes it, in which case I
liaise with /n/:  "It's an 'istorical fact"; if any other vowel precedes
the word, I add /h/:  "It's very historic."  Initially, of course, I use
/h/: "Historical Linguistics is...."