Mrs. Malaprop lives

Peter McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue May 18 21:48:53 UTC 1999

On Tue, 18 May 1999 14:54:52 EDT Ron Butters <RonButters at AOL.COM> wrote:

> In a message dated 5/18/99 2:52:29 PM, bkd at GRAPHNET.COM writes:
>
> << >> > My interlocutor described a leading
>
> This sounds to me more like a self-conscious metaphor than a
> malapropism. Maybe the c.e. is a cheesehead.

Cheeses, you guys!  Is this list full of spoil-sports, or what?  First
they take away my fantasies about the ancient Armeicans, and then they
try to knock the props out from under my favorite malapropisms!

No, even though this one came in a phone conversation, the context, the
personality of the coiner and her tone of voice made it clear that she
wasn't being facetious or creative.  I'm sure it was a real malapropism.

Peter A. McGraw
Linfield College
McMinnville, Oregon
pmcgraw at linfield.edu