Encarta dictionary reviews

Diana Ben-Aaron benaaron at CC.HELSINKI.FI
Mon Nov 1 17:05:04 UTC 1999

The Slate conversation between Jesse and Dennis mentioned that the reviews
of the Microsoft Encarta dictionary had been well-informed, because the
reporters spoke to lexicographers.  I paraphrase and distort, but that
was the general theme.

If anyone has the citations (= dates) for those reviews at hand and
could e-mail them to me, I would appreciate it.  I have access to American
magazines and newspapers, but not to indexes like Infotrac or Nexis, and
the only review I could find in an afternoon of browsing was the New York
Times for Thursday, Sept. 16 (by Elin Schoen Brockman).  Couldn't make
Altavista spit out any pointers either.

thanks

Diana ben-Aaron
University of Helsinki