Babtists

M. Lynne Murphy M_Lynne_Murphy at BAYLOR.EDU
Sun Nov 7 05:53:39 UTC 1999

I was refering to American Baptist Convention versus Southern Baptist
Convention, but we might phrase it in terms of southern Baptists and
northern Baptists--would southern Baptists call northern Baptists "Babtist"?

(And, of course, there are other types of Baptists too, Missionary Baptist,
National Baptist--both of which around here seem to be predominantly
African-American churches.)

Lynne