Christian suggestion

Mon Nov 8 23:31:06 UTC 1999

This is--for me--a really constructive elaboration in the discussion. Yes,
the concept of "saved" seems to be more important than what I said earlier
(e.g., "have a personal realtionship with Jesus"). Still, the definition of
SAVED given below doesn't strike me as different from anything that a
Catholic or a Mormon would not agree to. So where is the essence?

Let me reiterate that I don't see this as a theological discussion but a
sociolinguistic one. That is, I am not interested in the theological
relevance of the responses, but rather how the religious responses correlate
with the treminology.