Brew haha!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 10 04:11:51 UTC 1999

At 2:46 PM -0800 11/9/99, Peter A. McGraw wrote:
>Hey, no need for any apologies.  Inspired by this thread (and especially
>Andrea's subject line), I've decided to quit my job and go start a new brew
>pub, now that I have the perfect name for it.  (All right--go ahead,
>everybody, send in those messages telling me it's been done.) :)

What you want, I think, is a microbrew pub/comedy club.  But you're right;
it probably HAS been done.  Wait, let me check...   Hmm, a quick and dirty
AltaVista search turns up two Brew/Comedy places, but in both cases (Wayne,
PA and U. of Delaware) it's a coffee-house:  Brew-haha as in brewed coffee,
not beer.  There's also a site in San Francisco--

Brew Haha American Japantown,Fillmore San Francisco 1777 Steiner St &
Sutter (415) 929 7117. * * per person * * * W ood shingles hide the
entrance of...
          Last modified on: 19-Nov-1997 - 10K bytes - in English

--but I couldn't access it, so I don't know whether we're pre-empted or
not.  But even if they're ALL coffee-houses-cum-comedy, they'll probably
still sue, given our litigious society and all.