quest for info/suggestions. re: dialects

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Sun Oct 3 23:15:47 UTC 1999

On Sunday, October 03, 1999, Beverly Flanigan
<flanigan at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU> wrote:
>I am aware of the American pronunciation of Versailles; there's
also one in
>Indiana and one in Ohio.

Missouri, too.

I like to pronounce things anyway I please, as well as do what I
please when I please. But I stil cringe when I hear strength
pronounced "strenth" rather than "straingth" like all normal,
God-fearing people do. There's a g in there, let's use it.

I also want to put two full returns between paragraphs rather
than indent, but that's not MLA style, and thus the red ink I've
been seeing lately.