quest for info/suggestions. re: dialects

Donald M. Lance LanceDM at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Oct 4 11:44:02 UTC 1999

It's interesting that whenever purists want to "put down" the
Americanization of French-origin place names they cite Versailles.

Why don't they complain about the American pronunciation of 'Paris'? (no
response needed)

DMLance

>From: Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU>
...>Date: Sun, Oct 3, 1999, 5:55 PM