whenever

Peter McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Thu Oct 7 15:50:27 UTC 1999

The only time I ever heard this punctual use of "whenever" (i.e., in
contexts such as Joan's DARE cites) was from our department secretary
in Chattanooga.  It was the early 1970s, her age was about 20, and I'm
pretty sure she was a native of the city.

Peter A. McGraw
Linfield College
McMinnville, Oregon
pmcgraw at linfield.edu