pardon this, codger!

Thu Oct 7 17:43:08 UTC 1999

--- "Dennis R. Preston" <preston at PILOT.MSU.EDU> wrote:
> 1) How do you know what people are capable of by
> just listerning to them?
> You don't know what they didn't choose to say.

I am not stating a generalization that all angry
people swear, nor that all swearing people are angry.
I am saying the <<inability>> of people to express
themselves without profanity can be a warning sign of
anger rather than merely a warning of a limited
vocabulary.

Our difference seems to hinge on the word "unable" in
the original question.  I took it quite literally and
meant exactly what I wrote: "When I
hear someone UNABLE to express themself without
profanity, en guarde!"

Jim SMITH

=====