Dirty Southerners

Travis Hodgdon fas_bear at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 8 13:13:08 UTC 1999

I do believe they are regionalized, actually. Having lived in the South my
whole life, and then attending school up North, I've noticed that
Northerners tend to blaspheme a lot more. I think this is due to the
dominant Baptist influence in the South. Southerners also do not use the
word "fuck" very often at all, although we like "shit" so much that we turn
it into a four syllable word. But if one uses "goddamnit" or something in
public, then women pull their children closer, and the preacher (who is
probably sleeping with the secretary) will do a sermon about you on Sunday.

Travis