a new dialect to master...

M. Lynne Murphy M_Lynne_Murphy at BAYLOR.EDU
Sat Oct 16 05:09:15 UTC 1999

For those of you who have been waiting for the official announcement of what
I unofficially let slip...

I've just accepted a position at U of Sussex in Brighton, England, and will
be moving there directly from the MLA meeting in December.  This will be the
third time in 7 years that all my stuff will be crossing the Atlantic--when
I move, I MOVE.  I intend for this to be my LAST JOB EVER.  It's a
lectureship in linguistics in the School of Cognitive and Computing
Sciences--really a dream job for me.

I look forward to learning new things to appreciate about US English by
learning how it contrasts with UK English...

Ex-patriotically,
Lynne