extranet

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Oct 22 16:06:31 UTC 1999

Heard in my company:

"... the Internet, intranet, and extranet."

"The intr<a>net" I already knew: it's the Internet-like, or WWW-like, network
available within the company.

"The extranet" is the similar service made available outside the company itself
but restricted to commercial partners, etc., protected by heavy-duty software
security. (Don't ask for details. In the first place, I don't know; and in the
second place, if I told you I'd have to scrub your hard drive. ;-)\   )

   Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist and Manager of Acoustic Data
         Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Dragon Systems, Inc.
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
                     (speaking for myself)