Sanborns Mexican food; Mexican drinks

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 31 00:46:10 UTC 1999

   Greetings from Moralia, where I can't read a darn letter!  I'm sending without reading the mailbox.
   Sanborns is a chain like VIPS; it also has a menu in English.  Sanborns has been around since 1903.
   They serve "Our Famous Swiss Enchiladas."
   A "Britannic Hamburger" has cheese, bacon, tomato, and Romaine lettuce.
   "Sineronizados" is ham and cheese between tortillas.  (Neither VIPS nor Sanborns has a "Gringa.")
   "Eggs Divorciados" are eggs in red and green tomato sauces.
   "Hot or Iced Tea" is offered.
   My Mexican guide had Nopal Salad--it does contain cactus, but no lettuce.

MEXICAN DRINKS

   A word about coffee:
IRISH COFFEE--from San Francisco.  You all know the recipe.
MEXICAN COFFEE--Tequila, Kahlua, coffee, creme.
SPANISH COFFEE--Brandy, Kahlua, coffee, creme.
JAMAICAN COFFEE--Rum, coffee, creme.
SOUTH AMERICAN COFFEE--Licor de Platano, Kahlua.

  Some drinks:

BLODDY BULL--?
BULL--lemon juice, rum, curveza, clamato.
PETROLEO--tequila, lemon juice, English sauce.
PRINCESS SMILE--coconut rum, amaretto, fruit juice.
GODFATHER--scotch, vodka.
GODMOTHER--vodka, amaretto.

  More Mexican Drinks when I hit Cancun.
  Also, there's Mexican Music (ranchero, grupero)...