I Scream for Ice Cream

Thu Sep 2 19:54:33 UTC 1999

In my Minnesota raising/centralizing (it isn't just Canadian!), I do indeed
raise across the word boundary, and the saying works perfectly; we said it
all the time as kids.  The only time I use the low central /aI/ is when the
pronoun stands alone.  I would think the same happens in southern/eastern
Canada.