Girls rule!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Sep 11 03:56:26 UTC 1999

>At the risk of injecting some "local color", I've heard this as "Cougars
>rule, Huskies drool", with reference to the Washington State Cougars and
>the Washington Huskies--this would be one of the more polite versions of
>"Cougars X, Huskies Y" formulas I've heard.
>
>Allen
>maberry at u.washington.edu
>A Husky, but a Coug Dad (and I have the t-shirt to prove it)

And speaking of mascots and other beasts, there's a memorable instance in
"Homeward Bound:  The Incredible Journey" (the 1993 U.S. version in which
the animals talk, as opposed to the 30 years older and somewhat more
pristine Canadian version).  At some point during their great adventure
(one cat and two dogs trekking across the Sierras to their old home), the
Himalayan cat [voice by Sally Field] pulls some sort of fast one on the
younger dog [voice by Michael J. Fox] and chortles "Cats rool, dogs drool".
The latter claim is of course undeniably true.

Larry