IDEA

Paul Meier pmeier at EAGLE.CC.UKANS.EDU
Mon Sep 20 23:13:21 UTC 1999

I am still recruiting colleagues in linguistics and in theatre voice and
speech to act as associate editors for IDEA (International Dialects of
English Archive).  Associate editors gather primary source samples of
speech in the area they represent.  The interviews they conduct are
edited down to about four minutes and then posted on the web site.  We
now have nearly twenty editors but there are many US states and many
important English-speaking places around the world still lacking
editors.

I invite my colleagues in the American Dialect Society to view the site
at  www.ukans.edu/~idea  .  Please contact me directly if you would like
to participate in this project.   Your comments on the web site and on
the project in general would also be helpful.

Paul Meier
Founder and Director
IDEA