che/z

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Sep 23 18:15:34 UTC 1999

dInIs challenges me thus:

Ugh? Some language practices make you go ugh? I'll be damned! Could be them
poor ole ignernt sombitches make you go ugh, huh?
<<<

You betcher bippy, brother. I'm half linguist, half stylist. I report 'em as I
see 'em, but I correct 'em when I want to.

Now, I ain't talkin' about accents or di'lects, by an' large. But when people is
takin' words of another language an' screwin' 'em up to make 'emselves look
fancy... I shudder. Outta common politeness I try ta keep my shudderin' to
myself, or just express it amongst folks I *THOUGHT* might feel summat similar:
not ta the folks whose usage I'm shudderin' AT.

     Mark
 his   X   mark
    Mandel