Win one for the Gipper

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Tue Sep 28 11:51:03 UTC 1999

On Tuesday, September 28, 1999, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>    But George GIPP was the Gipper and Knute Rockne was his
coach!  Knute
>Rockne was NOT the Gipper!
>    That school is lucky to have Grant Barrett.

Yeah, I'm a real asset to the football team, you know, as their
star quarterback.

While we're here: There's a long piece in New York magazine this
week comparing the new student center buildings at Columbia and
NYU. While I appreciate design, the student center at Columbia is
an incredible waste of space. The inexhaustible high-falutin
talk by the architect disguises his avoidance of creating a student
center as the heart of the campus. Instead, it's a token of ego.
There are dozens of student groups that have no facilities; if
those ridiculous glass ramps had instead been a normal stairwell
and a bunch of cubicles, or even lockers, the campus would have
been much better served.

--
Grant Barrett

World New York