Call By

GRADMA at UVVM.UVIC.CA GRADMA at UVVM.UVIC.CA
Sat Apr 1 00:18:39 UTC 2000

A late reply to "call by" as I catch up on my e-mail. I've certainly heard it,
and especially in the context of survey-takers it sounds right. For a more
informal situation, with friends, say, we would more likely say "I'll drop by."
And yes, we do have anchormen/women, but they're usually on TV - on the radio
they're newsreaders. At least on the CBC - on local stations, the news seems to
be more of a chatty affair, as are most of the TV stations.

>From a glorious spring day in the non-frozen north,

Barbara Harris