invisible strands (off topic)

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Mon Apr 3 13:19:11 UTC 2000

Larry wrote:
>   Or should I assume from the last part of what follows that it's
> not something I can fix on my end?

I fix such things on my end by hitting delete.  I prefer using
Unix mailx, which doesn't read MIME or HTML.  I see no reason
for anybody to send e-mail as either of the above.  If I think
it's something I can't live without, I exit mailx with x, leaving
all mail as new, and re-enter with a popmail reader.  But 99.99%
of the time I assume it's not worth the bother and just delete it
unread.

Why do people choose to send encoded e-mail?  What's wrong with
nice, clear ASCII?
   --Natalie Maynor (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)