Italian-American slang

Fri Apr 7 19:46:54 UTC 2000

At 01:18 PM 4/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Here's a question I can't answer. If you can, please send a message to
>peter at biddlecombep.freeserve.co.uk
>as well as to ADS-L. - Allan Metcalf
>
>-----------
>Duke University Press suggested I contacted you.
>
>I'm a subscriber to American Speech.
>
>I'm looking for information/background/glossary of Italian-American slang.
>
>Wonder if any articles have been published in American Speech or elsewhere.
>
>Look forward to hearing from you.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>

>Peter Biddlecombe
>peter at biddlecombep.freeserve.co.uk

If you're thinking of Italo-American English as a post-immigrant variety
(or varieties), see the work of Robert Di Pietro (Yole Correo-Zoli's diss.
on San Francisco Italo-English also may or may not be available).  If
you're thinking of slang specifically, maybe there are collections of mafia
or other ethnically-based jargons out there?