Oprah (Re: Opto-chips)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 8 22:50:35 UTC 2000

   I forgot that I had attached that thing from Oprah.com.  I had intended to make two points:

1.  I wrote to Oprah, in May 1999, that Chicago had still blamed New York City and the 1889 World`s Fair fight for "the windy city"--a wrong etymology that should have been knocked out with the publication of the DA and DAE about fifty years ago.  And further knocked out with my research from four years ago.  I got NO RESPONSE.  She has some nerve sending me spam about a women`s network one year later.

2.  Is there any chance Oprah will be covering slang and dialects?