E-less Fiancé (a procedural question)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 19 01:49:05 UTC 2000

Carol Snow kindly wrote me (concerning our old problem reading invisible mail):

>Hmm.  I've been told that even 4.0 should have the "blah, blah" box at the
>top of the menu when you open a message.   Mine is just above the fon/size
>boxes.  If this is not the case, then after you open the message that seems
>to have no content, choose Open In Browser from the File menu.  With luck
>it will launch Netscape and the message will appear.  Copying won't do the
>job.
>good luck!

Hallelujah:  not only was I indeed able to view the invisible message in
Netscape by using the "Open in Browser" command, but when I was all set to
mention that I still couldn't find the Blah Blah Blah button--there it was.
I don't know how I missed it before; I must have been looking for Blah in
all the wrong places.  So for everyone else who's in the same predicament:

1)  the Open in Browser approach is really the best, since that doesn't
produce all the garbage that shows up when you use...
2)  the BLAH BLAH BLAH method

But if you do want to go the BLAH route, the relevant button is (on my
Eudora system) the third one from the left atop the actual message window,
NOT in the Eudora menu bar.  Sorry to everyone for having been so dense
when you tried to enlighten me earlier.  And please everyone...it's still
easier if you use un-html-encoded mail, as everyone has indeed been doing
on ADS since our last flurry of discussion on this point.

larry