stupid

GEORGE THOMPSON thompsng at ELMER4.BOBST.NYU.EDU
Wed Apr 19 17:08:59 UTC 2000

        A lexicographer (Jesse) has clamored for the exact cite that
prompted my original submission under this heading.  Here it is:

        ""He's stupid on right-hand hitters," Dipoto said in praise of Lee's
sidearm delivery."
        USA Today Baseball Weekly, April 12-18, 2000, p. 4, col. 2.
        I posted this originally without having the paper in front of me,
and incorrectly specified that the speaker was a young player; Jerry
Dipoto is an established major leaguer, presumably in his mid-20s or
older.  (No, I don't really think mid-20s as anything but young.)

        By the way, Jesse: I owe you and the OED a wad of stuff I've noted
over this last year or so.  Please send me your current address.

GAT