Searching for Walt Wolfram's book "Dialects and American English"

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Apr 21 18:58:34 UTC 2000

>From LINGUIST List #11-905
http://linguistlist.org/issues/11/11-905.html

**** Please reply to the poster, NOT to me. ****

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:18:33 +0600
From: Julia Karavaeva <julia at relcom.kz>
Subject: Searching for Walt Wolfram's book "Dialects and American English"

Dear Linguists,

I am a student graduating this year. I write a diploma work on
Territorial and Social dialects of American English. It is rather difficult
to find material for such work. More over the problem is increased by the
fact that I live in Kazakstan and our local (and also capital) library lacks
books on this topic. But notwithstanding all these problems, I do write my
work and rather successfully.
The only thing I need is specific material about territorial dialects which
are described in Walt Wolfram's book "Dialects and American English".
Of course, I' will never find this book in Kazakstan though I even know the
pages I need.

So, my questions are : Can I find this book on-line? Or where else can I
find it? Can somebody help me as to sending these particular pages? Or what
can I do?????......

May be by any chance you can help me or you know a person able to do it,
here is what I exactly need:

Wolfram, Walt. 1991. Dialects and American English. N.J.: Prentice Hall. pp.
66-138

Thank you so much anyway!

Sincerely yours,

Julia Karavaeva,