the PRESENT DECADE?

Mon Apr 24 16:00:03 UTC 2000

In a message dated 4/24/2000 10:53:11 AM, Abatefr at CS.COM writes:

<< Last year, prior to the new millennium (depending on how you count) furor
in the media, we did some research at OUP and with the help of Fred Shapiro
re the use of terms referring to entire decades.  This was in trying to find
an appropriate term for our PRESENT DECADE, that is, 2000-2010. >>

Of course--"depending on how you count"--the PRESENT DECADE is either
2000-2010 or (for the strident minority who are obsessed by
numerology)--1991-2000.

Just shows how ridiculous the numerologists' assertions are!