earlier specimen of gank and o.g.

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Wed Aug 2 10:07:33 UTC 2000

I made the mistake of saying:

> > Fred Shapiro commented:

Fred Shapiro quite properly chided me, thusly:

> This wasn't me who said this.  I assume "o.g." stands for "old" followed
> by some word beginning with a "g", like "girl" or "geezer."

Ooops -- my bad.  Sorry!

I couldn't be more embarassed -- I've  always insisted that when my
students find it useful to quote, they had damned well better go back to
the original source and get the words and the attribution straight!

-- mike salovesh   <salovesh at niu.edu>   PEACE !!!