End of my era

Kathleen Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Wed Aug 2 16:46:17 UTC 2000

This is the ad I just placed in several our local newspapers and such.

Part-time research assistant strong on grammar and usage for weekly column on
language. Send resume and cover letter to Ann Wort at "On Language", 1627 "Eye"
Street, NW, Suite 700. Washington, DC 20006 or fax to 202-862-0409.

If any of you know of a recent college grad, grad student, or retiree in the
area who would be interested in taking my place, please give them the above
information.

I will be staying on until the 25th of August so you will probably be hearing
from me again, but just in case, thanks for all the help and advice over the
past few years. I've learned a lot.

In gratitude,

Katy

Kathleen E. Miller
Research Assistant to William Safire
The New York Times

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart
that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the
eye."                 Antoine de Saint-Exupery